Our client is looking for an accounts clerk to join their busy team:
Role: Accounts Clerk – Permanent
Where: Peterborough, Orton Southgate
Salary: £20,000 PA
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm (40 hours pw)
We are looking for a skilled Accounts Clerk to be responsible for but not limited to, all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable duties. Reporting into the Finance Manager and working alongside the Finance Assistant within a busy Finance Department you will be a tenacious individual who is comfortable working as part of a team as well as autonomously, has the ability to hit the ground running, whilst maintaining a flexible manner and approach at all times.
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders.
- Request copy invoices.
- Set up new supplier accounts on Sage 50 and maintain existing account details.
- Update PO log and issue PO numbers for purchase requisitions received.
- Weekly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Allocating payments to supplier accounts.
- Liaise with suppliers and staff to deal with any invoice and POD queries.
- Managing an EDS (Electronic Document Software) and prompting departmental managers to approve invoices showing on the EDS.
- Producing weekly creditors report to be reviewed by the Head of Finance and uploading supplier payment runs to the bank.
- Producing weekly debtors reports with commentary for all items over 30 days and a full understanding of all outstanding on the ledger which is to be reviewed with the Head of Finance.
- Responsibility to distribute all invoices statements for the allotted ledger electronically and via post matching and scanning POD’s where required.
- Producing weekly creditors reports with detailed commentary on disputed supplier payments for review with the Head of Finance.
- Ledger reconciliations, Stop Listings Significant Debtors and Disputes lists
- The successful applicant will be measured by a key performance indication metrics, which include levels of overdue debt, levels of disputes, and unallocated cash.
- Previous purchase & sales ledger experience
- Experience working on Sage 50 accounting software.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present information concisely.
- Experience dealing with customers and key stakeholders.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-disciplined and efficient
- Good knowledge and experienced of Excel and Microsoft office packages.
Ability to work to deadlines