Class 2 Shunter required - Dustcarts
Tuesday to Friday (40 hours per week, typically work around 35)
6.30am to 3.30pm approximately
STD pay £10.90 per hour
Temp to Perm position
Will need to have your own safety boots.
All other PPE provided
- Our site at Maldon operates LGV vehicles, including Refuse Collection Vehicles (RCVs), 7.5t food waste vehicles, and 7.5t cage tipper vehicles.
- The role of shunting involves driving and operating our refuse vehicles. You’ll be sent from depot with an empty vehicle to meet a refuse crew on route within the Maldon District who’ll have a fully loaded vehicle. You’ll deliver the empty vehicle to the crew who’ll resume duty whilst you take their vehicle to Basildon, occasionally Chelmsford tip. You are required to deliver a high standard of service, and ensuring compliance with Health and Safety rules at all times on behalf of Suez.
What are the requirements?
- A flexible approach to work will be extremely beneficial, as you may be expected to cover shifts and do occasional overtime.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a passion for professional driving coupled with good communication skills and a willingness to be part of a successful hardworking team delivering a high level of customer service.
- An LGV Class 2 license as well as a CPC card are essential.
- Experience of working in the waste industry is desirable, though not essential.
Please note that in rare circumstance you may be required to cover a route if high levels of sickness/absence occur. We ensure you’ll be with regular loaders of the route who have good experience and knowledge of the area and are not required to know the area.
If interested please apply for the position, if shortlisted a consultant will be in touch to discuss further.
Grapevine Recruitment operate as an Employment Agency and Employment Business