Office and Finance Manager
Clacton On Sea, Essex
£25,000 to £30,000 per annum
Our client is a well established manufacturing company based in the Clacton area. They are currently searching for an office and finance manager to join the management team and assist them with a significant growth phase. The Office and Finance Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the office, and for the smooth operations of the finance department. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Managing Director. The role will suit a confident and ambitious individual that is looking to challenge themselves in assisting the Directors in this phase of the companies growth.
- Ensure smooth operation of the finance department and ensure all financial figures are correct and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure smooth running of the Office, handling any HR issues and discipline, with assistance of an external HR consultant.
- The Main accounts payable contact for the business for invoice receipt, queries and authorisation.
- Process monthly and ad hoc invoices to customers.
- Maintain cashbooks and banking.
- Producing monthly management accounts for internal senior management and external investors.
- Responsible for all areas of cashflow management including forecasting.
- Ownership of the annual budgeting processes.
- Producing all statutory accounts and being the point of contact for auditors.
- Managing the finance department and developing the finance assistant.
- Presenting monthly results to the MD.
- Managing the purchase order and payments processes.
- Asset management including maintaining and reconciling the asset register.
- Driving the monthly reporting deadlines and efficiencies within the department.
- Credit Control.
- Develop a system to integrate better working of key departments.
- Additional responsibilities will be added, such as managing company insurance, and building maintenance upkeep.
- Level 3 AAT minimum preferred
- Good Knowledge of Xero
- Team player with a motivational and proactive approach
- Competent user of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as experience and understanding of credit control and accounts payable systems
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent telephone/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make decisions and negotiating skills.
Please contact Melissa Bond on 01255 424444 for more information on this role.