Our client are currently recruiting for a Transport Administrator to join a rapidly growing Operations team based in Peterborough. They are looking for 2 experienced Transport Administrators to join their growing team on a permanent basis. You will be working 12 hour days/night shifts 4 days on and 4 days off. Please read on to find out more and only apply if you have the relevant experience.
- Responsible for managing up to 30 drivers.
- Briefing and de-briefing drivers.
- Ensuring that routes are planned in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Reporting to the Planning Manager.
- Dealing with internal and external clients.
- Liaising with customers on a daily basis.
- Working in conjunction with the operations and warehouse team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience as Transport Clerk/Administrator
- Has worked within general haulage or in-house logistics.
- Understands driver's hours and current road haulage legislation.
- Polite telephone manner and good customer service skills.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Has a positive, can-do attitude along with flexibility
- Salary dependant on experience
- Immediate start
- 4 days on and 4 days off 6pm-6am - 12-hour shift
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to progress his or her career as a Transport Operator.
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,500.00-£25,000.00 per year