Transport Planner Required
Our client based in Stevenage are looking for a dynamic person with drive and ambition to bring their skills and experience to their busy Transport Office, evolving the position with enthusiasm to move the department and company further forward in their success. Currently the role needs planning of 8 to 10 vehicles a day but they want to grow the fleet and as the fleet grows so will the positions and role.
Your working week will be Monday to Friday, with flexibility towards Start and Finish times due to the nature of the Industry.
Core hours to include Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:30
Responsibilities of the Transport Planner
- Planning routes for the following day/week and allocating jobs to drivers
- Booking and arranging deliveries to customers
- Communicating with drivers throughout the day
- Contacting logistics partners across the country to arrange back loads
- Maintain contact with existing customers and deal with potential customer enquiries
- Managing internal databases with up to date information
- Regular vehicle defect processes and liaise with maintenance manager
Requirements of the Transport Planner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally experience in an HGV environment
- Ideally experience in a multi drop environment
- Ability to work with drivers from a range of nationalities
- Excellent numeracy/literacy and IT skills
- Good Knowledge of driver’s hours and tachographs
- Sound geographical knowledge of the UK.
- 1 years + as Transport Planner
- Haulage / HGV routing experience
- Good Geographical knowledge of UK
They are a family run business that wants to grow and mentor our staff, if we feel you have the desire to get into transport and work your way up the ladder this is the company for you.