Grapevine Recruitment are looking for a night shift manager to join one of their blue chip companies based in Enfield.
You will run a team of approx 10-15 people currently which will continue to grow,
there will be different skill sets that you can utilise. You will also have an
Experienced Team Leader to help you build and develop the team.
As a company they are trying to fix and improve the food chain, to do this they focus
strongly on Safety and Quality.
To achieve this they need strong leadership from someone who is comfortable
delivering under pressure key targets and deadlines.
You will need to be flexible to adapt to any situation and have the temperament to
deal with this calmly and effectively. You will need to have a strong attention to
detail and have the desire to push yourself and your team to continuously grow.
The successful candidate will need:
● Food warehouse experience
● Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
● Computer literate with good numeric skills
● Lead and inspire the team, with an understanding of how to
motivate them to ensure a happy workforce.
The day to day duties will include:
● Write and deliver targeted shift briefings ahead of every shift
● Monitoring the shift whilst making the right decision to achieve your goals
● Dealing with queries from other teams through their messaging system
● Being the first point of call for payroll queries and other questions
employees might have
● Escalate things you can’t deal with to your line manager or SME within the
● Looking forward and back to set performance metrics aligned with the
● Management of the day hub team; including rotas, holiday, grievance,
disciplinary, absence and recruitment
Requirements for this role:
● You will need to possess and show excellent communication skills
● Demonstrable experience of running a warehouse, preferably in the Food
● Previous management experience with the ability to manage and motivate
● Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be excited by working for a growing
start-up that’s trying to improve the local food chain
● Work as part of a team of Shift Managers and Team Leaders to ensure the
hub runs smoothly 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Complete a thorough
handover at the end of your shift – looking ahead to the next shift, and back
at the last, is just as important as getting the job done on your shift
● Deliver on cost and productivity KPIs, a key component of our lean and
efficient supply chain
● Achieve excellent customer service KPIs, such as near perfect item accuracy