Our client based in Peterborough is looking for a Warehouse Shift Manager to join their busy team.
Their warehouse is large, fast paced 24-hour operations so there will often be a need for the successful candidate to make quick operational decisions and to use their initiative. Drawing on their previous management experience in a similar role, they will use their extensive operational knowledge to set achievable seasonal targets for their division, whilst ensuring that we maintain a safe working environment and high-quality standards. Working closely with the Senior Management Team where required, they will naturally identify and drive continuous improvements to meet our ambitious plans for the future.
- The leadership, motivation and engagement of warehouse operatives through a team of 1 Shift Managers and 4 Team Leaders
- To ensure the safe and efficient operation of the warehousing functions. To maintain and improve performance levels both in terms of service and financial control.
- Effective deployment of a complex set of resources to flow weekly peaks of 360,000 cases and troughs of 180,000 to a demanding timetable.
- The efficient and timely deployment of resources to match service levels within an agreed budget.
- To manage Health and Safety within the warehouse
- To agree a set of continuous improvement projects and manage their implementation
- Management and maintenance of site facilities
- Timely recruitment and selection of agency and permanent operatives
- To manage the process for ensuring compliance on key internal and external audits
- Having a clear operational plan - always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Leading the way in terms of best practice regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
- Addressing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absences etc…
- Commercially aware and able to produce KPI reports
- Previous Management experience
- An ability to operate in a range of situations from the site floor to client reviews
- An understanding of engagement and motivational tools and techniques
- Have an understanding of the key cost drivers within a business and how to affect them
- Has the ability to run small projects independently
- Can take a decision based on limited information
- Has the ability to work with a site management team in order to achieve wider business goals that may be detrimental to the warehouse department
- Having a good understanding of computer and warehouse management systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£25,000.00 per year